Monday, April 20, 2009

Falco Sirius 315 Waterproof Racing Boots


So I read the webBikeWorld review of the Falco 305 ESO TT Boots and was intrigued by the comopany. Since I wasn't interested in full-on racing boots, I decided to investigate further and see what else they had to offer.

Sure enough, they had a water-resistant 'sport' boot that would be reasonably comfortable to tour in but also be sporty enough for spirited riding (when I feel ready for it!) or the occasional trackday. Of course, this had to come at a reasonable price.

Advanced Motorcycle Gear is the North-American supplier of Falco boots and during my purchasing, I dealt with Todd, who was very helpful and accomodating of requests and information. In the course of our emails, he suggested a size 43 to be a good fit.

The boots arrived quickly and were well-packaged. Once out of the box and on my feet, the boots are very easy to get into, comfortable, and good-looking. They seem to be a bit on the wide-side. I am generally a 9 to 9.5 and these are a little big on me.

On the road, the boots are comfortable and warm. During 0 degree morning with only a cotton sport sock on, they kept my feet cozy during the half-hour ride to work. Brake feel is good through the sole and I felt connected to yet protected from the shift level through the top of the toe box.

The boot is lined with what Falco calls Hi-tex, which I assume is an off-brand version of Gore-texTM. I haven't had a chance to test it yet and will update this when I do.

For the price I feel that these boots represent very good value for the money. I wouldn't hesistate to buy another pair and would highly recommend them and Advanced Motorcycle Gear to anyone in the market for a set of sport touring boots with the emphasize on the sport.



Falco Sirius 315 Waterproof Racing Boots
Overall: Recommended
Advanced Motorcycle Gear: www.advancedmotorcyclegear.com
Falco Motorcycle Boots: www.giannifalco.com

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now keep it up!